In order to be able to effectively run Prometheus, you need a compatible web host who supports the necessary features to make the panel functional. The exact requirements can be found [here]. A common missing feature on many web hosts is the ability to have remote database connections, so be sure to ask your host about this before signing up with them.
We've compiled a short list of compatible web hosts of Prometheus. While this is by no means inclusive, it should give you an idea of where to get started if you're not sure who to go with.
Don't like setting all of this up manually? We have partnered with GMCHosting to give you a seamless solution! As long as you own a Garry's Mod server with them, you are able to install Prometheus automatically without having to own a web host or do any work at all! Use the promo PrometheusPromo to get 10% off every month on your order at GMCHosting! :)
PAID WEB HOSTS
- GameSwitchers - GameSwitchers is confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus, with multiple locations available and plans available. Their plans start at $1.24/month.
- NFOServers - NFOServers has been confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus. Their plans start at $2.54/month when billed annually. Hosting is in the United States only.
- GoDaddy - GoDaddy's Linux hosting is confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus. Windows hosting works though may occasionally cause issues. Please contact us if you encounter any issues with Windows hosting. Their plans start at $1.49/month when billed yearly, and includes a free domain.
- Serenity Servers - SerenityServers has been confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus. Their plans start at $1.46/month. (They have a weird issue right now with "Not Supported")
- EmperorHosting - EmperorHosting is confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus. Their plans start at $2.95/months
- Polar Servers - Polar servers has been confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus.
- Krypton Networks - Krypton Networks has been confirmed to be 100% compatible with Prometheus.
FREE WEB HOSTS
Please note that free web hosts are not recommended with Prometheus as they often are slow and lack some recommended security features their paid counterparts offer. Additionally, free hosts may occasionally place third-party advertisements on your content or limit the amount of bandwidth you have accessible.
However, we've tried our very best to find the least-intrusive free hosts available. They are - as of now - confirmed to be compatible with Prometheus:
- HelioHost - **Only Johnny accounts work**